WUFT News Loading Zone Student Policy:
STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARK IN A DESIGNATED LOADING ZONE SPACE AT WEIMER HALL FOR GEAR PICKUP AND DROP OFF. THIS SPACE IS NEVER TO BE USED AS A PARKING SPOT WHILE WORKING IN THE NEWS ROOM OR RUNNING “A QUICK ERRAND” IN THE BUILDING. ANY AND ALL VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY WILL RESULT IN REVOCATION OF THE STUDENT’S PARKING PRIVILEGES AND WILL AFFECT HIS/HER GRADE IN THIS COURSE.
- Never drive a vehicle into the Weimer Hall Service Drive unless you have pre-approval (normally from being in a particular class) to use the two designated G020 student loading zone slots. The two G020 slots are both 24-hour towaway zones with a 10 minute maximum stay before towing…and any ticket/towing costs are your responsibility.
- Always minimize your time in the restricted area on campus. When you leave the service drive, always turn left to leave the restricted area quickly, even if that is less convenient given your destination. If you cut across campus you will increase your risk of tickets, and you are personally responsible for any citations you get…anywhere…on or off campus.
- Never park anywhere else in the service drive other than the two labeled G020 loading zone slots. We have a zero tolerance policy for any misuse or abuse of service drive privileges. You may be suspended from gear checkout and/or loading zone access, face an on-air suspension from anchoring, and face grading penalties in your current INC classes.
- Always realize you need to hurry…other approved students could need the slot at any moment. If waiting on a partner, drive away from the service drive (off campus if necessary) and pick them up later. When you do pick them up, meet at the Reitz or O-Dome, NOT in the service drive.
- Never try to cheat the system. Service drive access, like parking at UF and like driving in the US, is a privilege, not a right. This is also about responsibility. You are expected to behave as a working professional, and that should be reflected in all your business driving and parking.